From Commercial insurance for shops, factories & all types of business insurance through to the work of our Equestrian team arranging insurance for horses, riding schools, livery yards, tack shops, horseboxes, freelance instructors & event organisers, we’re confident that our 75 year pedigree will ensure we provide our clients with a professional service and arranging good quality insurance policies.
We listen to what you want and tailor policies to suit your exact needs. And if you need to make a claim, we’ll help with that too – It’s all part of the high quality of service that we take a pride in here at Millins Chartered Insurance Brokers.
“If we can help you – we will. In the unlikely event that we can’t, then we will do our best to point you in the right direction. Professionalism is our Specialism.”
Wendy Cook ACII, BHSII (Regd.) Chartered Insurance Broker
Millins is an ethical & responsible business:-
- All staff have undertaken the Chartered Insurance Institute’s code of Ethics course. Ethical behaviour is a fundamental to professionalism in the insurance sector.
- we recycle everything we can – cardboard, paper (an insurance office has plenty of that!), tin cans & bottles, garden & vegetable waste via local council’s recycling program.
- Toner cartridges, mobile phones, used stamps are donated to http://www.spana.org/ and http://www.guidedogs.org.uk/
- Used batteries go to raise funds for a local school http://www.croston-pri.lancs.sch.uk/
- The Millins office generates less than ¼ of a black bin bag of non-recyclable waste each week.
- All electrical equipment is turned off overnight – only the fridge gets left on!
Client data security:
- We shred every scrap of paper with any client data on it before disposal, we do this ourselves and closely supervise third party data shredding firms on their annual onsite attendance. The shreds are donated to be used as horse bedding.
- We welcome payments via debit & credit card – immediately after processing the card data is destroyed.
- Millins takes national referrals from BIBA from people that are struggling to arrange insurance for a wide variety of reasons, if we can arrange their insurance we do, if we can’t but know who can we refer them on:-
- Client lives in Amsterdam but wants to insure a property in Aberdeen – been turned down numerous times simply as they do not have a UK correspondence address – we took them on and correspond by email – Not a problem for the Millins Team!
- Lady seeking liability cover for taking two reptiles in to schools for educational purposes – referred her on to a specialist.
- Client’s Mother went in to a nursing home and direct household insurer refusing to continue to insure her house – we took this on on a specialist property insurance policy.
- Cover sought for a 10 year old dog (usual age limit is 8yo) referred caller on to a specialist.
- Travel agency requiring travel insurance facility – referred on to a specialist.
- Importer of goods manufactured in China – cover arranged.
As your Broker, we work on your behalf to find you the right insurance policy to fit your needs. No call centres, no fuss, just good, honest, knowledgeable service so call us today on 01704 821187 and ask how we can help.