Millins have negotiated insurance facilities with various insurers to meet the needs of a wide variety of Horseboxes and their owners.
Millins can arrange insurance for four different levels of Horsebox Use:-
- Private Use – Standard Social, Domestic and Pleasure use including commuting – suitable for those that transport their own horses, for pleasure only.
- Business Use – suitable for farmers, equestrian and other businesses; and/or those that work in the horse industry.
- Horse Transporters – suitable for those that transport horses in return for a fee, that is, hiring out your horsebox with a driver.
- Self Drive Hire – suitable for those that hire out their horsebox to others – without a driver, where the hirer drives the box themselves.
No Claims Discount (NCD)
Horseboxes uses 1 and 2 enjoy an extended (NCD) scheme
- Up to 5 years NCD available
- Up to 3 years Introductory NCD for those with a good driving history
- Once you have reached 5 years NCD, you can protect it – this allows two fault claims in three years
- Standard 5,000 miles/annum, or,
- Unlimited annual mileage
- Comprehensive (includes accidental damage to your horsebox – including damage caused by horses and windscreen damage) or,
- Third Party, Fire & Theft (excludes accidental damage to your horsebox and excludes windscreen damage – only available for horseboxes under £4,000 in value)
- From £150 for all uses other than Self Drive Hire (Excesses from £500).
- Uses 1 & 2 – drivers of any age
- Use 3 – from 21 years, Use 4 from 23 years
Quotes can also be arranged for horseboxes over £40,000; HGVs, breakdown cover and for European use
For further information, advice or a quote, please contact us on 01704 821187
For commercially used horseboxes; eg: self drive hire & horse transporters – Contact Wendy Cook